Digital Marketing Intern
DESCRIPTION: The Digital Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting the Product Manager in implementing Abraxas Technology’s overall digital marketing and communication strategy to build brand awareness about Abraxas Technology within the out-of-home (OOH) industry and Austin startup community, nurture leads and prospects, and assist the Abraxas team as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Product Manager to refine social media strategy and best practices.
- Assist in managing and updating social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and editorial calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant, and engaging.
- Prepare weekly updates and reports to track growth and success rates of campaigns.
- Keep up to date and informed on new social media and digital trends and adapt accordingly.
- Ensure proper messaging is being executed online; serve as the “voice” of the company online; communicate with people in different buying stages and on different platforms.
- Identify leaders and influencers (internal/external) and engage them in brand activities.
- Assist with lead list creation and website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed.
- A currently enrolled student (or recent graduate) or equivalent work experience.
- Be available for 20 hours a week.
- Firm understanding of major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), measurement tools (HootSuite and Google Analytics), and office software (Microsoft Office, Google Drive).
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; exceptional ability to manage details.
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- BONUS: Graphics design and filmmaking/animation studios knowledge, ability to create professional YouTube videos.
- BONUS 2: Knowledge of Star Wars and Parks and Recreation.
INTERNSHIP DATES: January - March 2019; flexible
Please send your application to Aaron Tao at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abraxas Technology is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Abraxas Technology are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Abraxas Technology will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.