- How exactly do you collect user data and can users opt-out?
We collect smartphone device unique identifiers, passively. The collection is done with our own hardware that is attached to the advertisement and it passively listens for mobile devices. Our product does not require users to download any apps or have their bluetooth or location data on. It is also not dependent on wireless company data.
We *do not* collect personal user data. We only collect data about devices and we are careful not to collect information that can be readily used to personally identify anyone. Nonetheless, users may opt out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What percentage, on average, of total devices can you detect?
We collect 100% of mobile devices that are turned on.
- Does a user need to have his or her smartphone turned on in order for it to be detected?
Yes. As long as the mobile device is on, we can identify it without need for an additional app, Bluetooth, or any other add-on.
- What is the range of detection?
Our standard model collects an 1/8 of a mile (660 feet). However, we can customize and provide other models that can go out further or collect on a tighter area based on customer needs.
- Do your devices work in moving vehicles?
Absolutely. We're working with several mobile billboard companies.
- Since it’s a plug-and-play, does it only work for 120V or is there a way to adapt to a vehicle charger?
Yes, we can adapt to a vehicle charger.
- What does your report look like to the client?
Our dashboard report includes the number of views of the advertisement (which some other companies provide but their info isn't real-time or as accurate as our technology). But where we stand apart is we also provide the duration of impression (how long that impression is viewing that advertisement), frequency of impression (how many times that impression saw that advertisement) and ultimately, what no one else does, one to one attribution and conversion of impression.
- How do you define the difference between an impression and a view? How do you know if an impression actually viewed the ad? Do you just mean dwell time?
Similar to Google AdWords’ methodology, we capture people in the area of your advertisement. For example, if the ad shows up on the user’s computer screen while browsing, it is counted as an official view. While we can't see eyes on (that is illegal via GDPR compliance), we can capture people within the proper line of sight of that advertisement just like Google Analytics.
- Is attribution only an option with a second Abraxas device at the retail location?
Correct. We work with all of our OOH owners to allow them to upsell our retail unit into their advertisers, thereby providing OOH owners with an additional revenue stream.